Monday, August 15, 2011

Breakfast Naan Pizza:


       Over the weekend I had a couple friends over to watch movies and eat dinner. I wanted to create a dish that was one part yummy and one part simple. Maybe I was asking too much, but I also wanted to cook a meal that could be prepared ahead of time and baked off right before serving. Was this a challenge I could defeat?
   I ended up creating my breakfast naan pizza for the win! With melted gruyere cheese, crisp bacon, and a perfectly cooked egg, this deconstructed pizza was a hit! Here's the quick and easy recipe to try in your home:


You will need:
1: Bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces
2: Pre made naan (can be found in most grocery stores)
3: Gruyere cheese, grated (God's gift to the human race)
4: Hot sauce
5: Scallions (code name: green onions)
6: Salt
7: Pepper
8: Paprika (optional)

Let's get started!
1: Saute bacon in a skillet on Medium high heat until crisp, transfer onto a paper towel to drain:


2: Place naan on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Layer naan with hot sauce, gruyere cheese, bacon, and green onions. Leave an open circular space on the naan for the egg as photographed below:


3: Crack the eggs into a small dish (to catch any shells before they end up on the pizza) and pour onto the flat bread. Season the egg with salt, pepper, and paprika:


(closer image below)


4: Bake at 350 degrees until the egg just turns opaque:


*Remember how I saved some cookies from this post? Well I put the frozen batter in the fridge this morning and then let it thaw on the counter an hour before baking, they turned out beautifully yet again:




What are your quick entertaining ideas?

Yours,
Nico

1 comment:

Positive comments are always appreciated!