Friday, August 19, 2011

Chocolate Covered Strawberries:


      This week has been a week filled with friends and food (don't you love how a good meal can bring a group of people together?). I cooked a yummy indian dinner for a couple friends on Monday. On Wednesday, I hit the free samples at the farmer's market with my friend Johnathen. And yesterday my dear friend Robyn arrived back in the USA and immediately came over for some gossip, Sex in the City reruns, and my home made chocolate covered strawberries! These tasty confections come together in no time and are an instant crowd pleaser:



You will need:
Milk chocolate chips (chopped chocolate bar works as well!)
Strawberries (washed)

Let's Get Started!
1: Bring water to boil in a double broiler. I create a double broiler at home by using a small pot filled 1/3 of of the way with tap water and place a metal bowl over it as pictured below:


2: Once the water comes to a boil I turn the head to low and add chocolate chips to the metal bowl:


3: Stir chips until chocolate is melted and smooth: (Make sure to continually stir and keep the heat low so that the chocolate does not clump and burn.) 


4: Dip fresh strawberries into melted chocolate, cover most of the berry but not the stem! After you have coated the strawberry, place it on a parchment lined plate (refer to the first photograph in this post for an example)


5: Chill strawberries in fridge until chocolate hardens (about 45 minutes).

6: Remove from the fridge and serve!





I know Robyn and I devoured the entire plate of chocolate covered strawberries in one sitting, I hope you can create and enjoy this recipe at home!


Yours,
Nico



1 comment:

Positive comments are always appreciated!