Friday, August 12, 2011

White Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies:


     Summer is beginning to fade away here in Santa Cruz and Autumn feels near. Chilly weather and over cast skies make me want to curl up in bed with a magazine and good old fashion oatmeal cookies and milk. I used this recipe found on my favorite website, foodgawker.com. There were only a few alterations I made: substitute the 1 tsp of vanilla for 1/2 tsp of vanilla and 1/2 tsp of coconut extract, add 1 cup of dried cranberries to the batter, and add 1 cup of white chocolate chips to the batter. The finished product resulted in a chewy but slightly crisp cookie filled with tangy cranberries and smooth white chocolate. This recipe makes 65 cookies, which keep for 7 days. However, I froze half of the batter in my freezer for another cloudy day!



Yours,
Nico

No comments:

Post a Comment

Positive comments are always appreciated!