Thursday, October 6, 2011

Coat check:


     Does anyone remember a few years back when "buffalo plaid" was all the rage and oh so trendy? I for one jumped on that band wagon as quickly as possible and scooped up this red and black 3/4 sleeve coat at Gap a couple years ago. Trends and fads may come and go but I always think a good plaid is a must for the rainy season. Also, when you live in a cold and wet city like Santa Cruz it's essential to have a few different coats (if only so you aren't running to the dry cleaner each week to wash your only option). Most of your outfits are covered with a coat in the fall anyway why not let your jacket be the statement piece!

              
                        Hat: Forever 21
                        Sunglasses: Michael Kors
                        Plaid coat: Gap
                        Wedge boots: Michael Kors


      I love the faux leather leggings I'm wearing by BCBG (purchased at one of their 70% off sales!). I affectionately call them my "lucky leather pants" because the first time I met my special someone I was wearing these babies!


                          Scarf: Burberry
                          Watch: Michael Kors
                          Bracelet: Tiffany and Co
                          Tiger ring: Aldo
                               Purse: Michael Kors




Do you think you'll be sporting 
some festive plaid this season?


Yours,
Nico

PS, Don't you love my ability to walk up to any house and pretend like it's mine?

9 comments:

  1. Man I miss Santa Cruz.. and loving your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this entire outfit, and I LOVE the way you own your look! You look gorgeous!
    PS: Which house will you be living in tomorrow? ;)

    Happy Thursday!

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    Be sure to enter my giveaway to win an amazing scrapbook software :) http://tinyurl.com/mymemoriesgiveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red buffalo check too...I think it is always chic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coat!! Your whole outfit is perfect for a rainy day and I definitely agree that your pants are lucky! So glad I was with you when you bought them and when you met the boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, you're one brave soul! I can barely take pictures in the street- generally only the comfort of my backyard will do. Maybe I'll warm up to it though, since I'm still pretty new to blogging.
    Really love this look on you. I'm a big fan of plaid and wear it a lot, trend or no trend :)
    www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. Love it paired with that scarf.

    Here is the link for the Tribute Bracelet. I would love if you shared it!

    http://shop.stelladot.com/style/b2c_en_us/shop/bracelets/b178rg.html

    Thanks Nico!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am in love with your checkered coat. Very chic.

    XO,
    Patience
    www.justpatience.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am obsessed with everything about this outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG love this! Thanks for referring me from my blog! Can't get enough of leather leggings! They are a serious staple for me! And nice find at BCBG!! Always love a good bargain!!

    Whit
    www.styledbywhit.com

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!