Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Orange you glad I wore this?


      October is upon us, leaves are turning, we want hot chocolate (insert generic description of the fall season here please). Anyway, it was raining like crazy here in Santa Cruz (I wish it was raining like Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs), so I stayed in and played dress up. You know when you are home alone and you put on your favorite shoes and just....walk around? Well that's how this outfit got started.... and luckily ended with being taken out on the town for dinner!


Found this orange dress at a vintage 
store in Santa Cruz called Twist:


I love the hem line.



The belt I'm wearing is from Target and my nail polish can be found in this post:


The back detailing is unexpected, there is 
lot of good design in this dress:


Satin peep toe pumps are by Kate Spade 
purchased via Crossroads Trading Co:


From left to right: vintage Givenchy
vintage treasure, Michael Kors:



Orange you glad I played dress up? Man that was corny but at near 2AM everything seems a bit more funny and silly. Hope you guys are all having a great day! Also, I have an additional post up later today where you can shop the look online! Check back with me : ) <3


Yours,
Nico  

9 comments:

  1. I think I´m in love with this dress! It´s so gorgeous, perfectly designed and so so chic! Plus the color is absolutely perfect for the fall! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    Be sure to enter my giveaway to win an amazing scrapbook software :) http://tinyurl.com/mymemoriesgiveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is amazing! And I also am in love with the vintage treasure bangle with the gem! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivana, the shop I got this dress from is amazing! so much designer vintage in excellent quality. And Paris, the vintage bracelet you are admiring is from the antique fair when we went together! Can we please go together again sometime?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very outstanding dress! Well done :)

    Would be great if you visit me on my blog too!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! Love the color and the hemline.

    Thank you for all of your comments! I am following now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nico, this dress is gorgeous, and I love the detailing on the back! I am always a fan of vintage finds, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great dress and Pics! I love the butterflies and your shoe pics. You are totally making me want a gold watch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. my gold watch was purchased years ago at a Nordstrom's in store sale. Its basically my security blanket. Im looking to either get a silver one or a silver/gold one. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's to coming up with post titles at 2 am! ;) I love the orange-on-orange pattern of that dress. An I simply adore the way the leopard-print belt looks so unexpectedly fabulous with the color of the dress. Who knew a little accessory from Target could make an outfit look so stunning and pulled together? I hope you're having a lovely week! -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!