Monday, May 21, 2012

Bacon & Apple Potato Salad:


      Let me stay honest with you guys, I had NEVER made a potato salad until I came up with this recipe for Bacon & Apple Potato Salad. True story that I am rather ashamed of. Recently, my friend Katia came by with a batch of "tatter salad" and I my creativity was instantly ignited. This hearty potato dish is fantastic as a side to any main course but honestly, with this salad's crisp bacon bits, sweet chunks of apple, and perfectly cooked boiled eggs, it's perfect as an entire breakfast meal!

(Italian flat leaf parsley from my garden)

Magic Ingredients:
-2 pounds of red skinned potatoes
-6 slices of bacon, cooked/chopped into bite sized pieces
-1/2 of an apple sliced into bite sized pieces
- Italian parsley chopped 
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped into bite sized pieces 
-1/3 of a cup mayonnnaise
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
1: Chop the potatoes into bite sized pieces and boil in a large pot of salted water until just cooked. 

2: While the potatoes are cooking, mix the mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, and lemon juice together to form a creamy dressing.

3: Strain the potatoes and place them in a large mixing bowl with all remaining ingredients as well as dressing. Mix until just combined, then devour!


      
     I like to serve mine topped with a sprinkling of poppy seeds for a slight extra crunch and extra fresh lemon juice! This potato salad recipe is perfect for summer time picnics and BBQs and the bacon makes it a universal palette pleaser! 

Do you have a special family recipe for potato salad? I'd love to hear it!

Yours,
Nico







3 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, Nico! I think I'm going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, this sounds delicious! Grapes are a good addition to potato salad too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delicious and definitely one to try. I always add spring onions to my potato salad.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!