Thursday, May 24, 2012

Garden Therapy:

 
     I had mentioned that I had started a garden back in this post and thought it might be nice to share a couple photos with you all. My small but growing garden has been really exciting for me because many of the things I have planted are edible! As someone who loves to cook, it's great having fresh ingredients on hand. As for vegetables, I have planted: tomatoes (red & yellow), radishes, broccoli, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, zuchini, cucumbers, and carrots. I have plenty of fresh herbs including: rosemary, yellow sage, basil (three kinds), tarragon, lime thyme, parsley, lemon verbena, cilantro, spearmint, chives, Marjoram, chamomile, lavender, chocolate mint, peppermint, oregano, and pineapple sage. And flowers are scattered thru out the garden, some of those are even edible too! It's been so nice to enjoy meals outside on the patio and enjoy life's simple pleasures (like planting something as tiny and insignificant as a seed and watching it sprout into a vegetable). My only regret is that I didn't start planting a garden as soon as I moved in! 

Tomatoes and Missoni for Target flats. 

Adorable succulent in a tea cup planter.

Hanging oriental orange lotus flower that sways with each light breeze.

Watching leaves emerge from the soil is so rewarding!

Outdoor centerpiece dresses up a collapsible wrought iron patio set from Target.  




       Not only is gardening a relaxing hobby but I hope to save a few bucks this year by growing my own produce and herbs. After putting a few plants in the ground and aquiring an outdoor patio set, it's like having a whole additional room in the Spring and Summer months as well!


Yours,
Nico


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful garden! Nothing better than growing your own food. :)

    Sergeant Fox
    Peter Pan Collar Necklace giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, everything is blooming! well done

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Missoni flats are GORGEOUS :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. We seriously need to catch up on your blog. You always have the most amazing / beautiful pictures to share. love the Missoni scarf tied into a top and the blue skirt look - two posts back, so gorgeous. Will definitely try it out.

    xx
    5th&6th

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness those lotus flowers look amazing! I've never seen that before!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing selection of herbs you are growing! I have rosemary, thyme, chives and mint but you have inspired me to grow some more!! I love the white pots on your table too.
    http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!