Monday, May 14, 2012

A Trip Around The Sun:


      Each year, May tends to be the month filled with birthdays and my favorite time to practice my cake decorating. Because this cake was for an 11 year old girl, I wanted to use utterly feminine detailing. Pink was the obvious choice for color but since Spring is such a fresh time of the year I added bright strawberries and edible foliage from my garden. Yellow pansies added a touch of color and their mint leaves make the entire cake smell like buttercream and spearmint! 




Do you celebrate a lot of birthdays this month? Or are you a Taurus yourself?


Yours,
Nico

PS: If you're looking to bake a pretty cake, be sure to check out these posts as well...

Find me on pinterest by clicking here:
http://pinterest.com/satinandsalt/



6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Nico!

    And yes, we have a lot of birthday's this month too. My sister and my nephew. And next month, my dad and one of my best friends'. Basically, a lot of summer birthdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, yam yam cake, so beautiful dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cake is really beautiful and looks delicious eheh :)

    INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY in my Blog: http://vanvelfashphtgrphy.blogspot.pt/2012/05/pampa-mia-giveaway-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! That looks so delicious! I am a Libra... so it's going to be a while

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, celebration season is upon us: Mother's Day, FIL's birthday, sister's birthday, Father's Day, husband's birthday, MIL's birthday, and anniversary are all in the next two months! Great cake tips!
    --TS

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake looks gorgeous Nico! Love the little dots :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!