Saturday, August 11, 2012

Countertop Coffee Bar:


      On the weekends, I love to relax and really enjoy a cup of coffee. The kind of cup that seems to last well into the afternoon as you plow thru stacks of newspapers, periodicals, and fashion magazines. On the flip side, I also need a cup of caffeine during those rushed and chaotic days. My early morning coffee ritual starts in the kitchen, so I try to make the experience as appealing and stream lined as possible by creating a countertop coffee bar. This caffeinated vignette is perfect for those early mornings when you need your daily dose and you're eyes aren't alert enough to sift thru your pantry and cupboards for all the essentials. I try to keep mine stocked with everything I need for the ideal mocha, latte, or espresso, here's how you can too:


*I found these inexpensive cups at Ross and I love them because they make me feel like I'm in a quaint and stylish coffee shop, except I don't have to pay $4 for a cup of joe. They have the added bonus of being used as juice glasses, just remove the handles!


*I made this simple piece of art using construction paper. I just free
handed the letters, cut them out, glued them to paper, and framed!
*Having pieces of chocolate near your coffee bar is essential for making mochas. I received these gold chocolate hearts as part of a party favor from a recent wedding and have been adding bits to my coffee ever since.

*Everything you need to really get your day started right!




       I hope that your weekend can spare some time for a least a few relaxing moments with a cup of freshly brewed coffee like I hope to do tomorrow morning. Remember to try and enjoy the small daily pleasures of life!

Yours,
Nico


13 comments:

  1. Awe Nico, this is freaking adorable! I can't wait to see it when I visit you next weekend!!

    xoxo,
    Paris

    glitteratiandglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get up fairly early every morning and coffee is part of the ritual. It's also when I get a little "me" time. Hot chocolate is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog... Wanna follow each other?
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for commenting my blog, sure, let's follow each other :)

    I'm a coffee monster too, I need some every morning plus usually some on the daytime too.. But my kitchen is not as nice as yours as it's tiny (I live in a small studio flat with my hubby plus one iguana ;))

    x, Lara

    http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog. I really love it :)
    -follow each ?
    http://nikonandfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea, so inspiring! It looks like it's from a cute cafe. I want to get a cute tea set now :-)
    Thanks so much for following my blog, I am following you! x

    http://fashion-burger.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heey your blog is soo cute :) I love your design as well.
    would you like to follow each other?

    xx BBella
    justyled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have a great blog! of course I want to follow each other! let me know when you have done, and I will do the same!

    http://fromprovince.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blog! I adore it!
    follow each other on GFC / Bloglovin? let me know in the comments... will be more than happy to follow you back!
    XoX
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Love this (and LOVE the artwork..so simple!).

    www.ncdots.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the coffee bar! HOW cute! Need to do this in my apartment asap!

    ReplyDelete

Positive comments are always appreciated!